My current research projects (in progress) include:
- Between Nature and Culture: The Aesthetics of Modified Environments (co-authored book with Isis Brook and Jonathan Prior; forthcoming with Rowman and Littlefield) – examines aesthetic engagement and values in relation to semi-natural or modified environments shaped by human culture.
- Aesthetics of Nature in the Eighteenth Century: A Philosophical History (monograph). For a couple of my articles that will contribute to the book, see one on Adam Smith’s aesthetic theory here, and one on Hutcheson and Reid on Natural Beauty, here.
- John Muir and Environmental Philosophy – critically exploring the interaction of aesthetic, spiritual, moral, and scientific ideas and values in Muir’s writings
- ‘Intergenerational Aesthetics’ (article)
- continuing to develop my interest in interdisciplinary animal studies, considering issues such as autonomy, respect, anthropomorphism and epistemic humility.